Thursday, September 23, 2010

Guest Post on Foodie House: Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Loaded Baked Potato!

Loaded Baked Potato Balls
Who doesn’t love a baked potato? Sliced down the center, the steaming, tender golden insides revealed within its crispy skin are an open invitation to any number of toppings; from chili to gravy, and all of the gourmet recipes in between, none can contend with the classic medley of butter, sour cream, crispy bacon, grated sharp cheddar, and fragrant sliced scallions. Try as the others so desperately may, there is no greater compliment to a potato’s naturally delicious quality than these five ingredients together (yes, that is an opinion stated as a fact). Now what if you rolled up all of those tasty elements together in a ball and fried it? Like where this is going?

Read all about it in my guest post over at Foodie House.

Last month, Lauren Zabaneh of one of my favorite blogs, Foodie House, got a new DSLR camera. For fun, she held a contest to name it with the prize of a guest post on her blog and ended up choosing my name, “Snaps” (not just because it snaps pictures, but because they come out good enough to make you say, “Oh, snap!”). While you’re at Foodie House checking out my post, take a look around. This blog is so fun to read; filled with family, humor, engaging stories, and of course, great food, I can bet you’ll love it too.

14 comments:

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Marisa,

Wonderful guest post. Lovely photo of you. Great smile!

The Mom Chef said...

It looks delicious. I'm heading over to see how I can make this for the family!

Angie's Recipes said...

The baked potato balls look delish! I could eat a dozen.

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron said...

already checked it out. I adore those balls!!

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

YUM! That looks like the perfect snack!

Isabel said...

I've never see baked potato balls. So creative! Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

thelonelyradish.com said...

These look great. You arancinied a potato skin!

Adelina said...

Marisa,
You're a cutie! Love potato balls and loved your little cute pics. I am not sure if you have heard of Portos, but they are pretty popular in LA and they have the best Cuban potato balls. It's like a magic word.

~Lisa~ said...

Yum great recipe. The perfect comfort food!

Karen said...

Those potato balls look amazing. Great twist on a classic! And congrats on the winning name!

Chef Dennis said...

congrats on your guest post with Lauren, she is so much fun!!

Foodessa said...

Marisa...sorry to have missed this.

Alright...potato balls should be part of my next few challenges to come ;o)

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Magic of Spice said...

Cute name :) I will go check it out...

Otehlia said...

Great post. These look so good!