Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cook's Book on "The Delicious Story"

Last Saturday, December 4, I was a guest on “The Delicious Story,” an all-things-food podcast hosted by husband and wife duo, Sherry and David Borzo. The friendly couple conducts interviews every Saturday on internet radio station, Des Moines Local Live.

With the motto, “Food conversation that feeds the soul,” the show’s dialogue is focused not only on food itself, but on the stories behind dining experiences. Guests include cookbook authors, journalists, home cooks, business owners, professional chefs, and bloggers.

Sherry contacted me a few months ago, with an invite to be on “The Delicious Story”, and I was thrilled. Looking at the archives of past guests, I am even more flattered that they took enough of an interest in Cook’s Book to want to talk with me.

Watch the entire show below, and get to know me a little bit in person:

       

During our discussion, we spoke about my background, family, life on Long Island, photos and culinary tips. I have never done anything like this before--the thought of stepping out from behind the safety of my written words and speaking on camera was both exciting and a little intimidating. Thankfully, Sherry and Dave are great hosts; with such fun personalities, they were very easy to talk to. They made me feel famous, if only for a half hour!

Check out the accompanying blog post here: TDS 57 Marisa Musto Cook’s Book

For archived and upcoming shows, follow Sherry and Dave at The Delicious Story, and stay updated through Facebook and/or Twitter @delishstory.

11 comments:

Sandra said...

I just watched video. Congrats!
You are so calm and beautiful, great stories too. Thanks for sharing!

Roxan said...

How fun! Were you nervous? I would get too nervous, I don't think I'd be able to do something like that!

The Mom Chef said...

Congrats on a wonderful interview. You come across so gracious and confident.

Trish said...

Great job, Marisa! I forgot you were from Long Island- I'm from Jersey. Nice thing to add to your portfolio. Bravo :-)

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron said...

Way to go Marisa!! I would be so nervous and forget what I want to say haha. I will have to check it out and I'm sure you did a wonderful job. Congrats!

Angie's Recipes said...

That's a great interview! You are simply fantastic!

Evan @swEEts said...

I'm bookmarking this so I can see it when I get home (I can't open videos on my computer at work.. stupid government) but congrats on the interview :) Sounds like fun!

Magic of Spice said...

What a delightful interview...Congratulations!

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Marisa,

Congrats on your well deserved attention. You are a lovely and talented woman. You look like a star on the rise.

Don't forget about us little people...

Bravo!

Claudia said...

Congrats on the interview. All meals do indeed have stories.

~Lisa~ said...

Congrats on this Marissa. you totally deserved it. You write beautifully and I enjoy reading your blog.