- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 10 vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon each lemon zest & lime zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice & lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2) For the crust: place 2/4 cups flour, confectioners’ sugar, salt and vanilla wafer cookies in a food processor. Pulse until the cookies are finely ground. Add butter and pulse several more times until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3) Combine the sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, lemon and lime rind and juice, eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the crust. Bake for 20 minutes until set. Cool completely, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.